You are here

License Information

The City Clerk’s Office is responsible for issuing various licenses to businesses in the city. Every license requires completion of applications, which may include clearance from other city departments, a set fee and almost all require Council approval. Additionally, some licenses require advertising. 

Questions regarding licensing can be directed to the licensing clerk noted above.

Alcoholic Beverage Licenses:

Class A (retailer); Class B-Full Privilege (victualer); Class B-Full Privilege (tavern); Class B-Limited (victualer) Beer & Wine; Class C (saloon); Class D-Club (all liquor); Class D-Limited (club-beer & wine); Class E-Druggist ); Class F (beer & wine – 19 hrs. 6AM-1AM); Class F-1 (All Liquor – 19hrs./6AM-1AM). 

Miscellaneous Licenses:

Amusements, Antique Dealers, Bowling, Catering, Dance/Entertainment, Employment Agencies, Extended Hours, Flea Market, Gatherers, Gun Dealers, Hawkers, Holiday Sales, Kennels, Laundry/Dry Cleaners, Motel/Hotel, Pawnbroker, Peddler, Private Detectives, Tattoo Parlors, Vicutaling. You may contact the licensing clerk to inquire about any license not shown and corresponding fees. 

Upon receipt of properly prepared applications including any required approvals or inspections, the license application is presented to City Council. If the license is granted, fees are paid and the license is issued.

Last Updated: Tue, 02/08/2022 - 6:36pm